BUS AND RAIL
Students at GBCCS come from a broad community around Sydney.
For transportation before and after school via Government buses visit www.131500.com.au/plan-your-trip.
APPLYING FOR AN OPAL CARD
There are two different application forms – one to apply for a new School Opal card and one to update your details, for example changing schools, your address or your name.
Choose the one below that applies to you:
- If you’re applying for a new School Opal card complete this application form
- If your details have changed complete this application to update form
The school endorses your application. You will be advised if you need to do anything further when you have completed your online application.
Transport for NSW then processes the application. Once approved, the School Opal card will be sent to the home address you provided in the application.
Remember: Parents must apply for students aged 15 and under. Students must apply if aged 16 and over.
We are very blessed to have a car park inside our school. Here are our rules to keep everyone safe, as well as prevent traffic jams on the streets. Students are to arrive no earlier than 8:15am, when the duty teacher commences.
- Left Turn Only when entering and exiting the school.
- Go slow when you enter the school as children may be crossing.
- Rear to curb parking only on the left side of the carpark as you enter.
- Keep the street clear, please do not queue cars in the entrance to the school. For pickup time, the gates are opened at 2:30pm. Please avoid coming before this time to collect children.
- Kiss and drop is at the exit of the school. Please drive around the loop (it circles the church building) and drop/pickup children from the exit driveway. Please drive as far as you can before stopping to avoid a traffic jam behind you. Some parents choose for their children to wait with teachers at the Kiss and drop in the afternoons.
Parents can choose to drop-off and pick-up their children in two ways:
- UNDER THE AWNING
Park in the School car park. Please drive slowly and always use the pedestrian crossing when escorting your children to or from your car. This option is good for younger children.
NOTE: The left side of the car park as you enter is rear-to-curb parking.
Drive around the Chapel building and pick up children from the Exit-driveway. Teachers supervise this area during after school pick-up. Let your child know if you want them to wait in this area after school.
Please note, our School Gates are closed from 9:30am – 2:30pm